Friday 7 May 2021

Anzac Day Descriptive Writing

 This week we have been working on descriptive writing. To do this well we needed to write in present tense, think about our senses, use figurative language and weave in a complex idea. A fantastic example of all of these is Luisapeta's writing about a poppy field:

Red poppies blowing through the air with their green stems. The sun getting ready to go to sleep. The smell of nectar in the air bright red poppies their petals so soft, feels like a soft touch from my father going out to war.

I can hear the wind blowing pushing the poppies side to side. In my imagination I can hear sobbing of people’s family’s finding out one of their family members died or mia (missing in action). The sound of sad music playing at their funerals.


Another wonderful example is Poppies by Ruqayat:



3 comments:

  1. I really like this writing I think it sound great

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This writing sounds great!

    ReplyDelete